This past week, on April 3rd, we received the revised list of Essential Workplaces as published by the Government of Ontario, outlining business activity that can continue to operate in the province.
The servcies that we provide at Arborwood Tree Service Inc. fall under both #1 and #20 on this list. The complete list can be found at: https://www.ontario.ca/page/list-essential-workplaces
1. Supply chains
Businesses that supply other essential businesses or essential services within Ontario, or that supply businesses or services that have been declared essential in a jurisdiction outside of Ontario, with the support, products, supplies, systems, or services, including processing, packaging, warehousing, distribution, delivery, and maintenance necessary to operate.
Maintenance, repair and property management services strictly necessary to manage and maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings.
Arborwood Tree Services keeps properties safe and clean by:
- Removing hazardous and/or dead trees on public, municipal and private properties.
- Pruning of hazardous and/or dead limbs in trees on public, municipal and private properties.
- Maintenance pruning of trees to promote proper shape and keep roads clear, sidewalks clear, properties safe and traffic signs visible.
We continue to operate with safety as our #1 priority. These guidelines are designed to keep our staff, clients, suppliers and communities safe:
- Our offices are closed for public walk-in traffic & our administration and finance teams are working remotely from home.
- Workers will arrive on site in separate vehicles. A maximum of one person per vehicle.
- Company trucks will be wiped down and sanitized each day.
- Crew members will be sanitizing their work tools, as well as not sharing tools with one another.
- All crew members will be practicing social distancing with no public interactions onsite.
- Arborwood employees have been instructed to self-monitor their health; anyone displaying symptoms will be instructed to self-quarantine until such time as they can be tested or have been symptom free for 14 days after symptoms were last experienced.
We will continue to call you prior to any site visits and if for any reason you are not able, or don’t want to receive our services at this time, just let us know and we will not attend your property.
Our client care and sales team is working remotely, discussing arborist reports, consultations & projects over the phone, email and video conferencing.
President, Arborwood Tree Service Inc
Update: March 25, 2020
In these unprecedented times our hearts go out to every individual and family dealing with the unique challenges that we are all facing day to day. It is a time where an entrepreneur carries much weight on their shoulders and their employees feel strain of the unknown.
There is a lot of speculation going on. People are harassing one another, judging each other for their decisions they make. We need to remember that in these situations, everyone is doing the best they can. Encouragement and positive suggestions are more welcome than accusations and threats.
As more information comes in, impressions change, public perceptions change, and the media continues to instill fear in society. But we still have the freedom to choose how we treat with one another. The longest journey you may have to travel is the distance from your head to your heart. We are one, as living members of God's family, and at this time we must pray, meditate and be patient, showing love and compassion to all those around us. Don't stand back and watch. Be empathetic and ask yourself how you can comfort those around you to ensure them that all will be fine. It is time to stand united with our communities and wish everyone good health through this global and catastrophic event.
At Arborwood Tree Service, we have been faced with decision after decision and like most of you, we are exhausted with it all.
Being an Arborist is classified as one of the most dangerous jobs in North America. We work with tools such as chainsaws which can cause fatal or severe injuries in the blink of an eye. One arborist is killed every 2.4 days. If there are that many deaths, imagine the number of first aid, near misses and hospitalizations related to tree work in that timeframe. Because we do not want to take any chances of overwhelming our health care system, we are postponing ALL NON-ESSENTIAL TREE SERVICES for the next two weeks or until further notice.
There are parts of the Arborist industry that are "Essential Services" and those are the ONLY TREE SERVICES we will provide until further notice.
ESSENTIAL TREE SERVICES CONSIST OF:
PRODUCTION TREE CREW
- Removal of dead and hazardous trees or limbs in proximity to high target areas or pedestrians. This includes playgrounds, trails, roadways, parks, homes, public areas where people will frequent more due to higher traffic at this time.
- Storm damage or tree failure, cracks or emergency related damages, we are on call 24-7.
- All environmental pesticide uses and insect and disease control which is needed in a timely manner.
- All Staff will be in separate vehicles to maintain social distancing recommendations and a safe work environment.
- One office staff person will be available by phone and email only.
- Our sales staff continue to manage properties by phone and email and will continue to offer Tree Consultations for existing and new customers over the phone.
- We will be in touch with all current customers by phone or email about project planning and when scheduling may be available in the coming weeks, please be patient with us .
- Please call Maria in our main office at 905-957-5663 or 1-888-721-8882 with any questions or concerns.
- We urge you to stay home, stay safe, and stay healthy if you can and when or if our staff are on site please maintain distance and remain indoors and communicate by phone if needed.
President, Arborwood Tree Service Inc.More Articles ›